- Choose the home or homes you are interested in from our website. Our website is updated every day with new listings and other changes/updates.
- Drive by each home to make sure you like the location and neighborhood. Our website includes a map for each property next to the home description.
- Contact one of our Rental Agents to arrange a showing of the homes you are interested in renting. Discuss with this agent any credit issues you may have. When you meet with the agent, please bring your completed Rental Offer with you and don’t forget your checkbook. You will provide a check for the processing fee ($75 per person or $125 for a married couple). Upon owner’s approval of your Rental Offer and credit and background verifications, you agree to pay a $250 non-refundable administrative fee and earnest money equal to one month’s rent. Checks should be made payable to Block &Associates Realty.
- Once you have selected the home you wish to rent, complete our Rental Offer Form. Make sure you include all requested information…phone numbers are important. Fill in the top of your Rental Offer with the property address, your desired move in date and lease term and rental price of the home. If you use our Secure Online Rental application, you may pay for the processing fee by credit card, and the rental offer will be sent to the listing agent automatically. If you complete the downloadable form, print and give your Rental Offer and checks for the processing fee to the showing agent.
- The showing agent will then give your Rental Offer, along with your checks, to the Listing Agent.
- Your Rental Offer will be presented to the Homeowner/Landlord and upon acceptance, the credit processing will be initiated. We will receive the following…
- Employment Verification
- Equifax credit report
- Rental and/or mortgage verification
- Nationwide criminal check
- Many employers will not verify the salary of their employees over the phone, so you may be asked to provide a recent pay stub. If you are self-employed, we will need a copy of last years 1099 or tax return. If you are retired, we will need a recent bank statement and last years tax return.
- Your credit report and other verifications will be reviewed with the landlord, who will make the final decision, and you will then be notified.
It typically takes a couple of days to complete the credit processing. We will do our best to make this process as quick and “painless” as possible.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Important Information Regarding Craigslist
Block & Associates does not advertise its rental properties on Craigslist. Please be aware that many of the rental listings on Craigslist are fraudulent. Keep in mind the following tips when dealing with the landlords who post on Craigslist:
- Never wire money to pay for a rental.
- Never mail checks or money to a PO Box.
- Out of town/out of country landlords (absentee landlords) almost always hire a local professional rental company to manage their rental homes.
- Deal with local landlords only. If a landlord won’t meet you at the property, run away. If the landlord cannot meet you at the property because he’s out of the country (usually a missionary or doctor in Africa), run away.
- If you are from out of town, peruse our website to get an idea of rental rates in our
area. If the deal on Craigslist sounds to good to be true, it is a scam.
- If a ‘local’ management company does not have an actual office, don’t deal with them.
- If you get an email response from an owner who tells you ‘just go by the house, the current tenant will let you in for a look,’ it is a scam.
- If you go by a house and there is a realty sign in the yard, you must contact that company to view the home.
- If you are a legitimate landlord, and you receive a response to your ad from a potential tenant asking for your banking info so he can wire you the deposit, it is a scam.